Pcod problem
FSH: 5.08 and lh:3.13 Is this a normal ratio for a pcod patient? Since I have issues losing weight. Doctor suggested me to get hormonal tests done. But recently I have faced pcod symptoms.

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. Your LH : FSH ratio is reversed suggesting that your ovary finds it hard to release an egg when it is supposed to. I'm assuming you did these and other tests in the first 2-3 days of your period. It is very common for women with pcod to have difficulty with losing excess weight. This is because of the insulin resistance toy experience that makes it difficult to control your eating habits. You cannot recover your health by using random diets. Your plan needs strict exercise, nutritional guidance and practical methods to control the amounts you eat Please read ' escape the diet teap' by Dr John Briffa as well as 'Optimal Health' by Dr Duke Johnson. You can learn more about pcod on www.patient.co.uk Best wishes