PCOD. From 4yrs.

I have been suffering from pcod frm past 4yrs. Abnormal cycles. Continous 5-6 months i won get my cycles. Wen i ws in college i used to exercise for more than an hour & i was normal for few months. Now im workin in corporate. I wil hav to leav at 7 am n reach home at 9 pm. Now i get my cycles once in 3months or so. I am growin fat, but my weight seems to be normal (54kgs) it ws 52kgs wen i ws in college. And to much of hair loss. Please suggest me on this.

Dr. Parag Patil
Obstetrician 23 yrs exp Raigad

PCOD is a lifestyle disease and not that your lifestyle has become sedentary, the problems have cropped up again. PCOD is a disease where there is hormone imbalance and absence or scanty ovulation. Due to this the person also has a tendency to have excess hair growth on face, and sometimes there is hairfall too. All this can be arrested or controlled by medicines along with diet and weight loss. so hit the gym or do activity to have weight loss and maintain the weight low. You need to meet a gynecologist to have a complete evaluation to give you treatment for hair loss, regularization of menses and also to prevent the PCOD from worsening.
Dr. Aparnaa Panda
Gynecologist 19 yrs exp Udupi

If u go back to exercises....ur cycles might become regular. Else repeat ur hormone levels once again after meeting a gynaecologist near u. She can help u out with the hormonal treatment.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Please read my blog post on PCOS posted on Practo health feeds. Hope that helps