Paruresis - where to go

I have been suffering from Paruresis (Shy bladder syndrome) from 4 years but now I have decided to get rid of it anyhow as it gives a lot of frustration. But I'm not sure which doctor should I consult for its cure
views-icons 33 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Paruresis - where to go

doctor profile image
Harisha N L
Bangalore | General Physician
Treatments currently available to patients suffering from paruresis are limited and are not well known in the medical and therapeutic communities. While cognitive behavioral therapy seems to be quite effective in managing symptoms of paruresis...Consult nearest psychiatrist with prior consultation of urologist to rule out urology related issues.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?