Parotid papilla

Hello Dr. Actually the opening of patotid papilla on inside of my cheeks has become prominant since last 2-3 mnths. It's more visible on left cheek than right. I dont feel any pain or anything with it. Don't hv any problem in eating or drinking. But sometimes I feel some irritating pain on left side. I saw these openings on my moms cheek but they are not so visible. Is there anything to worry about or its normal?? Your words would be valuable for me. Thanks n regards.

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Based on the history that you have mentioned it does not seem to be a problem at all.... the shape of parotid papilla can vary from patient to patient..... Mild inflammation (redness and swelling) of the papilla can occur due to many reasons, the most common one being dehydration or less fluid intake..... increase your fluid intake because even if it does not cure or correct this problem, it will be generally helpful..... Regards....
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..no need to worry if der is no pain or swelling. It could be normal variation. Regards
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello..opening of parotid gland is duct which opens at your upper molar region for secretions into oral cavity.you need not worry about it ,as it is normal.But you are complaining of pain in that region which can be due to decay in teeth or friction between duct and teeth or perioral region.Once visit nearby dentist to clear your doubt by clinical examination
Dr. Selvanathan S
Dental Surgeon 8 yrs exp Coimbatore
Definitely not an alarming sign with your history and symptoms but more can be evaluated and hence the diagnosis can be made on intra oral examination.
Dr. Yash Saxena
Dentist 7 yrs exp Mumbai
It is common. No need to worry about size it is supposed to be a normal, when it pains just visit a dentist for a checkup based on clinical picture treatment if required can be prescribed.
size of parotid papilla is variable. it may vary from person to person and also right side to left side in a same person.., so need not worry about it. the only concern is regarding the irritating pain you were complaining on left side.., better get evaluated by a dentist for any dental or peri oral pathology..,
With this history I am not able to diagnose a clinical evaluation is important so visit a oral pathologist or oral surgeon. .. Thank you