Gums/ Insicive Papilla

1. Around three and a half weeks back, I woke up with a swelling in my ‘Incisive papilla’. On closer examination, I found a white patch over it with a little swelling. To this day, it has not cured and has same swelling and white patch. I don’t have any pain as such but I am very worried now. 2. Few months back I used Colgate Sensitive pro relief for hot and cold sensation and rubbed a small quantity of tooth paste particularly on my lower front teeth and then brushed my teeth. To my surprise some sort of an adverse reaction happened, so much so that my whole mouth from inside became swollen and my aching lower front tooth became weak and to this day it is throbbing( important to mention here that this very teeth took a nasty blow about 4-5 years back). But More than that, I am very worried about the WHITE PATCH over my incisive papilla because it is not healing at all. Is it because of the sensitive tooth paste I used 1-2 months back or some other reason. Please advise.

Dr. Manav Kalra
Prosthodontist 7 yrs exp Delhi

Honestly, you need to show to it a dentist. I know that's not helpful here online. But you must. That's about it. Colgate sensitive will not help. That stuff is for teeth it has nothing to do with the gum,
Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Dental Surgeon 14 yrs exp Vijayawada
By ur explanation, I understood that there s a small infectious sinus tract that has developed due to a blow to ur teeth. That may be visible as a white patch in that area of the damaged teeth. Consult ur nearest Dental Surgeon for accurate diagnosis
Dr. Rohan Virani
Implantologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
Any white patch must be evaluated for signs of pre- cancerous condition. A OMDR SPECIALIST - (LIKE DR ROHAN VIRANI) IS BEST to diagnose . Feel free to visit www.trisadental.in
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 8 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi , i dont tnk its because of tooth paste as u must tooth pastes earlier too and more or less thy r having same compositions and with colgate pro relief it is based on arginine 8% and i tnk ths too is not a problem...as u mentioned these teeth took a hard blow ..this may be the cause because most of the times after trauma pulpal damage is irreversible and it shows symptoms after years many times goes undetected unless a swelling or a draining sinus shows up...in ur case i tnk ths may be the cause and u need a radiograph to confirm it ..visit ur nearest dentist for best diagnosis best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries.
Dr. Shilpa Rao
Dentist 15 yrs exp Pune
Hi..by what u have told..what I feel is that ur lower teeth have got abraded because of subconscious grinding of teeth because of which the enamel wore out n hence the sensitivity. Also because of the abrasion..ur lower incisors r hitting the incisive papilla constantly because of which it is a body reaction to form keratin. Please see ur dentist who might advice u to get a soft splint made!!