cancer-icon
Pancreatic cancer
I shown my father to gastroenterologist in Jupiter hospital Mumbai..and after CT scan he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...doctor has done stenting and during that they have also found that the cancer has spread upto small intestine... They say survival chances are 6 to 9 months only...what should I do ...some of my friends told me that choose Ayurveda over chemotherapy... How practical is that...also I came to know about cancer hospital in valsad..which treats it ayurvedically...any suggestions pls

Dr. Kaushal Yadav
Surgical Oncologist 11 yrs exp Gurgaon

First thing is to confirm diagnosis with biopsy by endoscopy Second is to confirm extent of disease by Pancreas protocol CECT abdomen with CECT Pelvis and thorax. S. Ca 19-9, LFT. Please share these reports
Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Gynecologic Oncologist 19 yrs exp Bangalore
Your father needs to be evaluated by a surgical Oncologist to assess operability. Only a surgery can cure and operability can only be assessed by surgeon. Endoscopy out ERCP cannot assess operability. If it is an operable disease, stenting would only delay treatment.