Pain on tip of Glans

I have pain and redness at the tip of Glans around the External Urethral Opening. I am a Virgin but still I'm having this problem. The area of the glans just surrounding the Urethral opening is also quite red, specially the lips of the opening. What has happened? Please suggest the treatment and precautions

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain on tip of Glans

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there i understand your concern regarding your genital health...The main cause of balanitis is poor hygiene. Poor hygiene causes harmful bacteria to overpopulate the area, which can lead to infection...it can be fungal as well... Clinical examination is necessary to diagnose it and to rule out other possible conditions....you may require antibiotic or antifungal creams..Before applying any treatment option, it is important to avoid using irritants such as perfumed soap, lotion, or powder. This prevents further irritation of the foreskin...Consult nearest dermatologist they will do the needful.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern about your genital health and I appreciate that...there are many reasons behind your symptoms considering your history it's may be due to infection...it's called balanitis medically...mainly happens due to poor hygiene..you will require antifungal or anti bacterial creams for at least 4 weeks to resolve the lesions but before starting treatment it has to examined clinically to diagnose properly and to rule out other possible causes...consult nearest dermatologist they will do the needful.