Pain in tooth area

Hi I had a small hole in the last tooth. I visited a doctor and got it clean and drilled. He then used a screw and drilled out in that tooth and covered it with some form of clove plaster cement. Months went by and the paste slowly started dissolving. He said I needed to get a root canal done. Now that the late has completely dissolved I can feel the hole present and my tooth staying to ache. Does this mean that I will get my screw removed and have another one put into it and drilled again? That is a real painful process. Please tell me of I gave to go through that process again or is the doctor just going to disinfect that area clean it and put another fake tooth in place.

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in tooth area

Hi..root canal is the only solution for this kind of cases. Ask you dentist to start root canal and put a crown. This is the only permanent solution for this kind of case. Regards
Hello if your tooth has to undergo a root canal it has to be done completed and then go for a crown on that teeth..the process is done under anaesthesia so is not painful.. the clove cement is only temporary it has to be changed to permanent after your root canal is done..kindly get the treatment fone to save your teeth..
If you have been advised to get a root canal done you probably do need one. The clove cement is just a temporary one and is likely to wear off with time. You need to schedule an appointment with your dentist. He will have to use the 'drill ' , clean out the infected tissue from your tooth and fill it up with a permanent filling. However this can all be done under local anaesthesia and is not necessarily painful at all. Do visit your dentist at the earliest to get appropriate treatment and avoid loss of the tooth.