Pain in the left heel

I have a lot of pain in my left heel when I get up in the morning. Gradually it decreases as the day goes on. What do I do to recover?

Hello there..... I went through your query.... Your symptoms are suggestive of Plantar fasciitis.....plantar Fasciitis is a condition of pain and tissue damage at the attachment of the plantar fascia to the underside of the heel bone...... Maintain a healthy weight to minimise the stress on the plantar fascia.....Choose supportive shoes..... treatment includes gentle stretching of the Achilles tendon and plantar fascia, weight loss, taping, arch support and heel lifts., Physiotherapy.....
Dr. Tanushree Vedi
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Delhi
Hi you have symptoms for plantar fascitis. Along with physiotherapy you need gentle calf and TA stretches. Also contrast bath will help you a lot. Take 2 buckets of water, in 1 put hot water as hog as comfortable tolerable and in the other put cold water which will be colder than room temperature but not ice cold! Put your foot till mid calf in hot water for 7min and do all ankle mobility exercises; then put in cold water and don't do any movement for 5 min,. Then again in hot water  and do exercises for 7 min. Do it thrice a day. This will really help your facia to relax! Please consult a physio for your problem!! He/she. Will suggest adequate lifestyle changes as plantar fascitis is  a lifestyle disorder!