Pain in the left breast

I am having pain in the inner left side of the left breast when I press it and also a little pain in the nipple. It's been two days. I also want to tell you that I go to self defence classes and during the wrestling class,about a week ago, we were made to put pressure by our chest on the opponent. If it is because of that, why is it paining a week later? I'm really feeling scared.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in the left breast

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Based on the history you have given, it might be due to muscle spasm of chest muscle due to your physical activity, applying pain killer gel and taking some rest will itself get you some relief. But you should also know that brest pain can also occur in mastitis,cyclical pain,breast cysts, breast trauma, prior breast surgery or other factors localized to the breast. Breast pain may also start outside the breast... in the chest wall, joints or heart.Cyclic breast pain appears to have a strong link to hormones and menstrual cycle. Cyclic breast pain often decreases or disappears with pregnancy or menopause. If you are still concerned kindly consult a nearest surgeon for further management.