Pain in teeth
I am feeling throbbing pain when I take any hot food , however normal to cold water gives me some temporary relief. Is this due to sensitivity ? I have my wisdom teeth extraction appointment in a weeks time , but what can I do meanwhile to get the pain subside ? Please suggest

Hello , your pain is mainly because of the tooth adjacent to the wisdom tooth u are getting removed , your dentist must have told you that wisdom tooth impaction or food lodgement has caused cavity in the adjacent tooth . Your symptoms are typically suggest irreversible pulpitis and the treatment is RCT Ask your dentist to schedule an early appointment , get RCT started and you will be fine
If you want medication you can take Practo online consultation from me , and I will give medication
Take medication , get treatment for both last and second last teeth If pain increases while lying down , lie down in semi reclining position , pain will reduce All the best

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Dear practo user, For such cases you need to consult oral Medicine specialist. U can teleconsult on my page as well. Myself MDS Oral Medicine specialist from most eminent government dental hospital Maulana Azad Institute DELHI ( MAMC/ MAIDS). I will take a detailed history for this problem and advice you accordingly. Thanks
Have you followed any prophylactic antibiotic course, then pls upload the details Post pic if the tooth/teeth area causing pain.