Pain in rt lower abdomen

Hi, My wife is having continuos pain in right lower abdomen. We can already checked gynaecologist/ General physician but all are saying its a muscle pain. Ultra sound is normal. She is now taking pain killer and dr. asked her to continue the same in case of sever pain. Can anyone help me with better solution which doesn't include pain killer ? What can be the cause of muscle pain in abdomen area ?

Doctor Answers (4) on Pain in rt lower abdomen

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There . I can understand your concern. I hope she is not in pain now. you can give her a antacid like cap. pan-l once or twice a day before food. you should have attached the ultrasound report and also the prescription of the gynaecologist so that we could have got a better idea. kindly consult a general surgeon or a gastroenterologist in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
Continuous pain in right lower andomen --possibility
1. Inflamed appendix but not seen on USG
2. Inflammed gall bladder- in fatty female - but not sheen on usg
3. Caecal TB- but not seen on usg
4. Renal stone pain- many stones in the kidney are not visible on usg..
If pain is continuous then i will like to do CECT abdomen as next investigation.. Please provide more detail of the patient..
Diabetes, hypertension, any h/o similar episode?, TB in past/present, Body weight, Dietary habit... Many thing have to ask.. I am fully agree with you pain killer is not the solution but for the time being just give Tab Buscogast , tab voveran, tab sompraz and get in touch with me.. Upload all reports...
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Get an cect abdomen done. Sometimes things miss in sonogram.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear A normal sonogram indicates that there is not much to worry. Pain in right lower abdomen is mostly because of inflamed appendix. But that would have revealed in sonogram. Anyway,muscle spasm can be due to sudden pulling or lifting heavy objects. A pain killer is a must right now. If however the pain persists, I would recommend that you undergo further tests.