Pain in right knee

Hi! I have been feeling an electric shock kind of pain while climbing stairs for a while. I have not been exercising for quite sometime due to busy schedule. The pain goes away with everyday morning walk or running or other leg exercises but returns the next day. I never had any major/minor leg trauma or accident. Is it my incorrect sitting posture or something else causing the issue? Thankfully I never faced this issue on left leg though. Whom should I contact for initial diagnoses? Medicine or physiotherapist or bone specialist?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in right knee

Dr. Anshu S.R Sachdev Pune | Orthopedist
If you experience pain in front of knee while rising from a low position or while climbing up and down the stairs it may be due to early cartilage damage called chondromalacia of the knee cap/patella. You need to consult an Orthopedician. He will examine you and may ask for an X-ray. You will need knee strengthening exercises too.