Pain in neck

I have a constant neck pain since two weeks... my job does not involve prolonged sitting... i do regular neck extention and static resistance neck exercises,still it pains... i also had consulted an orthopedician, she prescribed some medicimes but they were of no use for me... please suggest, what to do...

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in neck

Navi Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hey there, since you have mentioned some exercises like neck extension and static once, they are useful in most cases of postural dysfunction.... but in your case, they are not relieving your symptoms means you have to go for a subjective assessment by a physiotherapist.... and the orthopaedician must have prescribed you some pain killers which are only useful until they are in circulation.... and yes, stop doing any exercise that increases pain, your physiotherapist can suggest you the best solution for your problem on the basis of the assessment that he/she takes.... so, please don't waste time before you go to a physiotherapist..... feel free to contact for more details....
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Neck muscles can be strained from poor posture, Osteoarthritis also is a common cause of neck pain.
Various treatment options are physical therapy, TENS, steroid injections, immobilization are available..
Consult Orthopedician for further evaluation of underlying cause and prompt treatment...