Pain in Neck and Shoulder

Hello doctor I am having pain in the form of a single line from back of my head on right side near neck to shoulder. This pain is starts from 2-3 years ago. It is not a continuous pain sometimes it appear sometimes not. I have observed it mainly appears due to sleeping in wrong posture or with hard or thick pillow, it also appears when that region gets wet (for some duration) by any means sweating or water, it also appears frequently in rainy and cold season or when exposed to cold air (AC or on open vehicle). Getting relieve in pain (but not completely or permanent) when doing some exercise. Kindly advice.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in Neck and Shoulder

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Your neck muscles are not in very good shape. You need neck physiotherapy. Consult a orthopedician also and get a xray done. And then take a physiotherapist's help in this condition. You can take a pain killer like aceclofenac and thiocolchicoside combination it will ease the pain and relax the muscles. But don't ignore the advice on physiotherapy. All the best. Re
Dr. Sandip Gupta Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
Youay have tight and weak neck muscles( trapezius). Please consult Ortho surgeon and get investigated. You may require medicines with physiotherapy.