Pain in lower back areas

Doctor I m suffering from back pain.. In x-ray it shows I have lumbar spondylitis... After completing medicine course as given by doctors I had a relief for 2 month but it again strike to me.. Is physiotherapy(ceragem) is helpful in this... Please suggest...

Dr. R.N. Premkumar
Orthopedic Surgeon 24 yrs exp Chennai
hi, if your x-ray shows spondylitis, then it is significant for your age. Only treatment for this is Postural habits like avoiding directly bending forward (always try to bend the knees keeping back straight), avoid lifting heavy weights esp. luggage(never a gas cylinder or water can), avoid continuous prolonged sitting especially in cushioned sofa. You have to start muscle strengthening spinal exercises. Physiotherapy like IFT, IPT, massaging give only temporary, superficial and psychological relief only. You will definitely see long lasting benefits with exercise and postural changes. Regards Dr.premkumar