Pain in legs and back

My mother sometimes has pain in legs and back. She do apply some pain reliever gel or spray. Also sometimes she takes painkillers. One of my friends gave me a med named "ULTRACET" for pain. His mother is a heart patient and she take this med for pain. So my question is "Is it safe to use this Ultracet tablet as a painkiller sometimes?"

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in legs and back

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It's a strong pain killer... I would suggest you to consult nearest orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination and then take medications...along with that ensure that she maintain an appropriate posture while working or sitting or walking....Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water...Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight...Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down....Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy her minerals and proteins requirement...Regards.