Pain in knees

I have knee pain (right) only while climbing up and down the stairs.  Also while balancing the bike in my right leg i feel some acute pain in the joint. These pains are not consistent.  They occur only during some moments.  Im able to walk and move around freely most of the time.
views-icons 35 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. It's likely that you may have a meniscal tear in your knee. However an examination, both clinical and MRI wise can reveal the exact cause. For this purpose will have to visit an ortho surgeon who can order them for you. He can also prescribe meds for the pain. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Good luck.

Hello... It's quiet possible that you have injured or sprained your ligaments as you have pain only during certain type of movement... Kindly consult an orthopaedician he will examine you and suggest you few analgesics and supportive treatment like cap if required...you would require to tk rest also..you may have to undergo an X-ray or MRI to assess your problem correctly