Pain in hip bone
I am having this problem from last 8-10 months. If I sit continuously for more than 15 Mins in one place then I start feeling pain in my hip area. It feels like the pain starts from the start of the hip joint and then it spreads outwards. On getting up after sitting for more than 30 mins it feels very painful in the hip area. I have been thinking to consult a doctor but not done so far. Please suggest whether I should consult an orthopedic or a general physician. Also pls let me know whether this pain could lead to slip disc. Thanks
45 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹150 for 24 hrs

Hello Sir, The problem that you are referring to can be due to compression of the sciatic nerve. Sitting for long hours compresses the sciatic nerve and on getting up, the pain is felt. Nevertheless you should visit an orthopedic surgeon who will examine you properly and judge your problem
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?