Pain in fingers and knee

I had a c section delivery a month ago. I am breast feed my baby while sitting on bed or in chair. I am experiencing pain in my fingers and knee and in calf muscle. I am taking triple A Cal , cherry xt aWat is the reason for pain and what should I don't do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in fingers and knee

Pain is commonly from bad posture, lack of exercise or movement, and weight gain during the pregnancy. The calf pain may also be from muscle cramps. I think you are on calcium & Vit D tablets already. You could try some simple painkillers like Paracetamol or Bruffen for the pain. Please start doing some light exercise such as walking or swimming. If you have put on a lot of weight in the pregnancy, losing some of it will help. Try not to strain your back, and not not squat or sit cross legged when breast feeding. If you have cramps in your calf muscles, vitamin E capsules may help. You must also drink plenty of fluids and keep yourself well hydrated. The pain in your fingers may be secondary to carpal tunnel syndrome or pressure on a nerve, when you hold your baby for long periods. You should do a simple exercise like squeezing a small sponge ball or stress ball 10-15 times. You should repeat this 2-3 times a day.