Pain in finger

My right hand's little finger got injured while catching the cricket ball. On that day my hand got swelled and i tied crappe bandage with some ointment. Then because of the continous pain i went for x-ray. the report was normal. But there is sound coming from the phalange attched with the palm while pressing the joint.

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to answer your question. If you still have pain in the dinner and the xray is normal then it's unlikely that you have bony injury. But it's possible that you may have injured the cartilage or the ligaments associated with the joint. Cartilage and ligament injury cannot be seen in an xray. To rule out injury to cartilage and ligaments, it's ideal to get an MRI done. Otherwise rest your finger, ice it and use some pain killers. I cannot prescribe any medicines as I am not allowed to do so by Practo.