Pain in Back

My sister is taking medication for physiatrist problem.When her treatment was going on due to some reasons doctors took out water from her spinal cord. Now she is experiencing the pain. Please suggest what to do. It's urgent.

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in Back

Dr. Snigdha Mishra Delhi | Counselling Psychologist
It's best to consult the psychiatrist or the doctor who oversaw the procedure. They'll be the best people to help you out, cz of their knowledge of the case.
Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Hello, I will answer your question in two parts: 1. The consultant doctor must have felt the need to check if her psychiatric problem is because of some infectious or metabolic problem of the brain, and also to see if some reversible problem can be treated and her treatment may be improved. 2. After the fluid (CSF) is removed from the spinal cord, a lot of people experience pain. It is normal and natural.
Things to do:
Pain at the puncture site could be due to the minor injury of the tissues while piercing the needle to draw out cerebro-spinal fluid for testing. This type of pain is harmless and it usually goes away with or without treatment. But if there is some minimal local infection of the tissues it requires treatment with the appropriate medicines. Sometimes this pain could also be psychosomatic. I would advise you to consult the same doctors who treated her earlier. If they, after examining her, confirm to you that there is nothing to worry, then you may approach a psychiatrist who will deal with the problem. Meanwhile you may try simple bearable hot fomentation; it should give her the necessary relief.