Pain Before Crown Fitting
Dr. Sir/Ma'am..  I have undergo Single Sitting RCT Treatment on 18th. I experienced some bite pain for 2-3 days whenever accidentally food particles comes between RCT Tooth.My Dentist suggested that Pain must completly gone before Crown fitting and advice me to wait and tell him once pain is gone.  Now I am not experiencing any Pain.    Please advice Should I need to do any self-test  before Crown Fitting as below OR Can I go for Crown fitting:     1) Should I start eating soft food like chapati / rice a bit from RCT Tooth side to experience if there is any more pain left OR I have to completly avoid eating/chewing from RCT side tooth until Crown gets fixed. 2) Should I touch or tap RCT tooth,its surroundings gums from toungue to experience if pain is completely gone.    3) Should I have to wait more for Crown Fitting or anything to be checked more by myself before crown fitting so that there remains no Pain after food bite once crown is fixed.  Regards

Hello. Yes you can start chewing and check . If it is fine go ahead with crown placement.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
You cannot eat from ur rct treated tooth as the mass of the tooth has been reduced and considerable lateral and horizontal forces will be exerted. Also note that as pain has now disappeared u can get the crown fixed and chew normally. As tooth has no life but is preserved u cannot determine the force u use for chewing and hence subconsciously ur bite force on rct treated tooth after placing crown could increase subconsciously. My suggestion is have normal chewing force not excessive for long term maintenance of the tooth and the crown thank u
Try to eat from rct treated tooth,if you are able to chew your food without pain then go ahead for crown