Old scabies

As he told me- He had gotten scabies in which bump occurs with containing fluid past around 2009 and after treatment he recovered .After one year he again got scabies which with treatment again he recovered .Now after 3 year he again noticed bumps on his different body parts which got slight cover with taking medicines for long time but these medicines are not effective to cure his allergic scabies.Some doctors told him that he have gotten allergic condition of scabies.Is there any path by which his scabies can be cured.?

Doctor Answers (1) on Old scabies

Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. You can use a bland moisturiser till then and OTC anti-allergic medications. It's unusual to have such form and relapses of Scabies. I sincerely recommend you to consult a skin specialist.