Ointment usage on wound
Recently had a fall off the bike. Open wounds about the size of a coin on my palms and knees. Currently using soframycin skin cream. Should I continue that or switch to wokadine ointment as the current cream forms dried mass of cream and blood which covers the entire wound hurts when falling off

Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in too much pain. You have to clean the would with warm water and with betadine solution. After that apply mupirocin ointment which is available by tradenames like t-bact, b-bact, i-bact, or mupi ointment. After that leave tge wound open. Apply a thin layer over the wound. If you have pain, then you can take a tab. Rutoheal-d twice a day for 3 days. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.