Obesity ( over weight)

I don't have the correct weight for my height.i even have stretch marks.due to this I don't step out of my house for any functions or get together.I feel depressed.please give me a good solution.hopefully waiting.thank you.
views-icons 58 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Priyadarshi Srivastava
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Lucknow
Basically you have developed low self esteem due to increased weight. I think you should start exercising as exercise is aphrodisiac to mental and physical health. Get Your thyroid checked. You have to take action, now or never. It's just one life.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Seek consultation with physician for evaluation of hypothyroidism, PCOD which can be the reasons for excess weight. Then consult a dietician and plan your diet accordingly...addressing your concerns and challenging yourself to overcome them is the only option to get out of your depressed state....also learn to appreciate yourself for your entire being and not just your physical appearance. Meet a psychologist for the same if required. Good luck