Numbness in pelvis area

If I sit for more than 15 mins on a bike my bums and groin become completely numb and it feels very uncomfortable around the penis area. It becomes alright in 5-10 mins. I think it is due to lack of blood flow in that area when I am sitting as I am overweight. But then it doesn't happen while sitting anywhere else.

Doctor Answers (2) on Numbness in pelvis area

Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, hope you are well. What's happening to you is quite normal for most people in a similar situation. It may happen quicker to you due to your weight. Do regular exercise and take care of your diet. Avoid eating deep fried foods, junk and too much of sweets. Add lots of fiber and fluids to your daily diet. Have 3 fruits every day. Make dinner your lightest meal. Remove time to do atleast 30 mins of brisk walk and 15 mins of meditation every day. Hope this guides you. For a personalized diet plan ping me for an appointment.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it is due to decreased venous return from the pelvic area. Changing the positions while riding will help...