Numbness in fingers

I have been experiencing numbness in left hand small and ring finger when I bend my elbow like while talking on a mobile phone. The numbness and tingling goes away after sometime when I flex my hand. The same does not happen on right hand. Sometimes I awake with numb fingers after a good night sleep in the morning. I exercise in gym regularly. Is there any stretch exercises to cure it or do I need to visit a doctor? A physician or orthopaedic or physiotherapist?

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

I understand your concern. This is not a big problem and has an easy treatment . But before I prescribe you the treatment, you need to answer the following questions for proper dosages and good treatment. 1. What's your age ? 2. Whats your Height and weight ? 3. Since when do you have this problem ? 4. Do you have any other health problems except this problem? 5. Do you take any other medicines ? 6. Do you have any allergy to any medicines or otherwise? 7. Do you have any acidity problem ? 8. Do you drink or smoke ? 9. Any constipation problem ? 10. Any Drugs history ? Please answer the above questions to make a good diagnosis and treatment protocol.

Hello.. Well numbness might be symptom of nerve compression in your case...or otherwise simple calcium and vitamin d deficiency or even keepimg the hand in the same posture for a long time will cause less of blood supply resulting in symptoms....you can meet a orthopaedician...thank you
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
It appears to be entrapment neuropathy.visit orthopaedic surgeon for best results.