Normal ankle leg facture
Hi doctor . Before 33 days I fall while playing and I fet ankle leg facture . Now I m in plaster cast 33 days . Now can I remove plaster cast? And i feel no pain means my bone heald? is it possible to remove plaster cast in 33 days?

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there now a days recommended duration of plaster cast is 28 days... so it means going by that rule you can remove the cast,however it is advisble to take an xray before the removal of cast so as to make sure that the fracture is healed completely....even after removal of your cast you have to consult a physio regarding how much weight you can put on the affected ankle and also the various ankle exercises (stability/balance/strengthning) to begin with. Take care Regards.