No work feel and fear

Whenever I get any important career turn deciding test, I start give up. Unable to concentrate and feel like to fight with people around. Depressed but not working. It is slowly increased over time. M thoroughly disturbed.

Doctor Answers (1) on No work feel and fear

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, It is disturbing to be giving up before really fighting the battle, being a capable fighter. This indeed is a habit. I am not sure how this habit got shaped in you however this my dear, would be one of your unwanted habits, which could be repeating with every major change in your life. It might be existent in your professional as well as personal life however more evident in the matters of career. You crave for stability & predictability in life and every unpredictable situation makes you anxious and reactive. Once you are anxious, you start loosing hope & express helplessness by not working on it. You will be more worried about everything that might go wrong than realizing things which might go in your favor. It has even reduced your self-esteem and got you in the position you are in right now. It can be changed by understanding and interfering in your reaction pattern. From today start noticing your reaction to small & unexpected changes in day today life and track the way it affects you. Additionally pay attention to your capacity in handling things in personal & professional life. Write down the emotions, thought process & behavior in reaction to each incident you have noticed. Also right down minimum 2 things you like about yourself by end of the day. Once you clearly understand your pattern try to replace negative thoughts with positive things you have noticed about yourself. This should work with persistent effort to alter the unwanted habit. Consider visiting a professional who should be in a position to aid you in the process. Take Care.