No periods yet
It has been 6 weeks since my medical abortion was done.....i hv not got my periods yet I had intercourse wid my hubby after a week of abortion with a pill Took two urine pregnancy test in last week nd dis week d results of which are negative Kindly give information on wat may b d cause and pls advice further

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. There canbe several reason why you haven't had a period yet. The first step is to see your gynaecologist and confirm that the uterus is empty. Although your home pregnancy test is negative it is always better to rule this out. If its all clear your doctor can do some tests and prescribe tablets so you can get a bleed. It is important to talk to them about ongoing reliable contraception in addition to condoms as it is much safer to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than it is to have an abortion. best wishes