No cardiac activity found
I had an ultrasound in 8th week of pregnancy but no cardiac activity was found rest everything was to be ok and the conclusion of report was " Intrauterine demise of embryo". Doc suggested to wait for one week and go for transvaginal ultrasoud. I just need to confirm that is this possible that baby's cardiac activity will begin after 8th/9th week?? I mean usually baby's heartbeat generated from 6th week then in mine case why it is taking too long or there might be changes of DNC. Also I had no spotting/bleeding sort of thing in the mean duration. Please suggest how much chances of my baby's survival are there? I am too worried to wait for a week.

Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, It is unlikely for a mishap to occur. You should wait for at least 1 week. Most importantly, stay positive.
Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja
Gynecologist 22 yrs exp Delhi
There is no harm in waiting for a week.