diabetes-icon
Night shift diet changes
My new job is night shift but i want to ask if switching to night shift would affect my health. I am diabetic.

Dr. Raja Selvarajan
Diabetologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Yes. working in night shifts cause a disturbance in the circadian rhythm , this disturbance leads to various metabolic derangements causing insulin resistance and development of Diabetes. If your known diabetic it worsens the controls due to varried food habits and timing, more so over with sleep getting disturbed it potentiates abnormal inflammatory changes leading to increase resistance and worsening of the control

How to switch from night shift to day shift