diabetes-icon
Newly detected Diabetes..
Dear Doctor, Pl suggest my wife, to start medication or to manage / control with diet and exercise -? She is on Thyronorm 100 mcg per day since few years. Thanking you, - Kameshwara Rao P

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It is not advisable to start antidiabetic medications through the phone. Besides your wife has only got her fasting blood sugar done. It is 160. It is above normal value. Now she has to get her HbA1C, post prandial blood sugar, urine sugars also checked. After all these tests and detailed clinical examination, she can be started on antidiabetic medications. So kindly consult a general physician for further evaluation.