Need to gain weight.

I'm a college student staying in hostel. In karnataka not being a South Indian surviving on hostel food is not possible. I've lost almost 10 kgs in last 6-7 months. Now I need to put on some weight. Suggest some thing which is much effective. What about mass gainer. Or tell some other effective solution to gain weight. Weight 52 kg

Doctor Answers (1) on Need to gain weight.

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Weight gain is a slow an steady process. Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person. Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt. For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail