Need couple counselling

Im married since 4yrs
We have no child
Im worried about our relationship since start
He always potrays that he wants to stay a batchelor
He doesnt want me to interfere much in his life
He wants to go on vacations seperately
Sometimes he cares and other times just aloof
I dnt know if all this is normal or im overthinkin
views-icons 171 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Need couple counselling

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
hi there, i have just read about ur query and i think i understand what u mean. Firstly, it is quiet common to have difference of opinion and attitudes between a couple but it makes no ground for doubts on this social and personal sanctum. He definitely misses his life before marriage it seems. And its something which all of us do particularly if it was seemingly the best time of ur life. But ignoring the partener is in no way a justification to achieve those ends. Giving each other some respectful space is very much a part of marital life and handling each others expectations requires a lot of effort at a personal level too. Both of u need to strengthen ur vows and rethink about ur priorities here.
Consulting a psychiatrist / counsellor can do the trick for u guys. So feel free to communicate, consult and sort out this 'left out' feeling from ur conscience.
Always welcome for consultation at ur convenient hours.

Dr Diwakar Sharma
(the mind tree)
G. K -1, New Delhi - 48