I have severe depression symptoms and since a long time. My parents dont know abt it and even if i tell them they won't take me seriously. I cant go to a Dr. On my own as its expensive and m just a student. But now m feeling i really need some advice.what other options are possible , do help .
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
I empathize with your situation and completely understand what you must be going through right now.
Inspite of your fears about your parents not understanding your plight, I would urge you try and convince them to take you to a Psychiatrist. Use the internet, books, or any other piece of information, where you can show them that the symptoms you have been silently suffering are very real. There must be some member in the family, who will pay close attention to your problems. Show them this answer I'm writing to you. Whatever works, since seeking professional help is the only and the right way to go.
While you are trying to involve your family into your problems, try some of these things:
1. Many times, symptoms mimicking depression are caused by Thyroid hormone deficiency, Vitamin B12/Vitamin D deficiency. Get your blood tested for these and anemia, which could also present as depression. While you consult with a physician (of your parents choice), to do all these tests, talk to the physician about the problems you've been going through. I'm sure he/she would refer you to a Psychiatrist, and also explain your parents that you need a psychiatric consultation. Or go to your gynecologist with your mom; she could give you the referral.
2. Include some form of exercise in your daily routine (whatever form you like). Trust me, it helps.
3. Read about Mindfulness exercises on the internet. Practice them daily. These exercises take hardly a few minute, but have an immense positive impact.
3. Indulge in your favourite activities, at least for some time during the day (dancing, sinfging, reading, playing, listening to music. It can be anything you like).
4. Speak your heart out to a close, trustworthy friend.
I hope this helps. Keep reminding yourselves that you have so many good things to do in life, and the life has so many good things to show to you. This phase shall pass, soon. Somehow, seek that much needed professional opinion.