Neck and shoulder pain
I have a pain in my left back near the neck and shoulder I'm not able to turn my neck...last week travelled nearly 1500km in car for 4 days after that I'm facing this pain..Im working in a software company..the pain goes on increasing day by day during the working hours..

Dr. Jayakrishnan Pillai
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

You seem have had a neck sprain due to the travel. The muscles in the neck and upper back would be in spasm, and are recovering very slowly. In most patients the pain and stiffness resolves gradually in 5-7 days. If you have persisting pain, increasing pain, disturbed sleep, pain in one or both arms, numbness or weakness in hands, then you need to meet an orthopaedic surgeon.