Neck and shoulder pain

I had a pain 2 weeks back which was due to bad sleeping posture. The main was on the back side of the neck moreover towards the left side and the pain ran through neck to upper back. I tried some basic neck exercises but it elevated the pain. I feel pinching pain when I try to look at the sides by moving my neck. I am not sure what's causing this but it's Increasing day by day and now it's almost more than 2 weeks. I am not sure as to what I should be doing now. Whether to try some home remedy or to consult a doctor and to consult whihc doctor or to do what home remedy.
views-icons 38 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Neck and shoulder pain

Dr. Chandrakanthan (PT) Chennai | Physiotherapist
As per your history, your lifestyle activity and abnormal posture is the cause for your problem. Please consult a sports Physio or musculoskeletal Physio who specialises in manual therapy technique...don't do any exercises without consulting a Physio or sports medicine doctor