My son got something like

My three year old son suddenly got something like hard small ball on his right upper eyelid it doesn't disappeard yet its almost been three month.we used hot compression and drop as per proscription but it dosent work what should I do now.please conselt me.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello It might be chalazion U have two options 1. Continue hot fomentation 2. Apply ciplox ointment over lid margins If it does not resolve the try intralesional steroid injection Surgery at this age for this minimal disease is not recommended
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
Your description suggests that it could be what we call a 'chalazion'. You were given correct treatment, but since there is no response, one method could be to go for a minor surgical procedure, takes just a couple of minutes. But since it is a small child, there will be a need for general anaesthesia. Otherwise, you can persist with hot compresses and eye drops for some more time. It is safe, unless you find new changes in the affected eye lid, or it increases in size.