Muscle Building
I hv been going to gym for last 9 months and ended up with little muscle mass gain . I want to build muscles and become professional bodybuilder. I am pure vegetarian. Gym trainer suggested me to take whey protein. Is it safe ? Does creatin or other contents affect kidneys ?...Please help

Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, to gain muscles along with work out nutrition is very important, nutrition should include high calories and protein should be double if your 60 kg you should take 120 gms protein per day). Since you are vegetarian concentrate more on pulses and cereals. Coming to whey protein, yes whey protein will affect your kidney,, to avoid, take only prescribed servings by your trainer,, should be taken more water in a day to avoid affect on kidney, but don't take it for longer duration (years together).