cancer-icon
Multiple - myeloma
My father 5 years back was diagonised with multiple myeloma, which was finally treated with stem cell transplant 4 years back. Currently he is ok Thalix 50mg , currently I am under great confusion regarding the COVID vaccine, is it safe to take the vaccine along with Thalix , the Thalix dosage is required to be taken daily as prescribed by the concern hematologist. If anyone can suggest, it would be very helpful. Thanks

There are no current guidelines for Covid vaccination in patients taking Thalix , I would like to know current status of myeloma , if it’s well controlled then I would go for - stop thalix ( it’s immune modulator and might affect response to Covid vaccine ) one wk prior to first dose and start one wk after second dose .. and all that should be done in consultation with your primary treating doc ..
Please consult a medical oncologist or hemato oncologist
Kindly consult your primary oncologist/hematologist who is treating him.