Multiple Disc prolapse

Sir my father suddenly started feeling radicular shooting pain in the right loin since 4-5 days.consulted a neurosurgeon.got an MRI done on dr's advice.found multiple disc prolapse from T12-L1,L1-L2,L2-L3,L3-L4....dr prescribed pain killers and suggested surgery to be done...so sir it would be helpful if u tell me,is it an emergency condn to get surgery done.?? Are there any other treatment options??and if surgery is to be done can all the MULTIPLE disc prolapses be treated at one go?? Thanx in advance..

Hello....... Doctor will not operate at all region.. Doctor focus on area which is causing his symptoms... Need of surgery depends on severity of symptoms... So if it's mild prolapse physiotherapy and usage of lumbar belt would suffice... But when symptoms don't come under control or if prolapse is more doctor go for surgery. Consult neurosurgeon..
Dr. Kapil Jain
Neurosurgeon 11 yrs exp Delhi
Need to know after history and examination that pain is secondary to which disc prolapse and depending on mri . We need to see which level is causing problem and cater it. For a surgeon films matter more then report because only he can correlate pt symptoms with radiology.