Mucus right side throat

I have had this feeling of a film of mucus on the right side of my throat and even down to my chest for some weeks now. I remember a similar feeling last year too. The right side of my nose is blocked too and there is some pressure on the right ear too. I used to be a heavy smoker (6 a day) for 7 years until last year. It has been a year since I quit. There is no cough, I just feel this film of mucus there. Could it be cancer? It sometimes feels as if this sticky feeling on the right side goes down to the stomach. I feel no heartburn. What is the incidence of throat cancer at the age of 27 in India. I used to smoke marijuana too but stopped a year ago. Thank you!

Doctor Answers (1) on Mucus right side throat

Dr. Anup Sabherwal Delhi | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
You must get a through examination of your v throat. A fibreoptic laryngoscopy will help in finding the reason of your problem. You can come over to BLK hospital for a consult.