Mucous blood in stools

Past 1 week, I have been getting dark blood mucous stools, previously I used to have the gastric problem. Could anyone help me why this happens? Best care can I take? I am worried about this...

Harisha N L

A small amount of mucus in stool is usually nothing to worry about. Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus — a jelly-like substance that your intestines make to keep the lining of your colon moist and lubricated. But you should talk to your doctor if you notice an increased amount of mucus in stool — particularly if it begins happening regularly or if it's accompanied by bleeding or a change in bowel habits. Larger amounts of mucus in stool, associated with diarrhea, may be caused by certain intestinal infections. Bloody mucus in stool, or mucus accompanied by abdominal pain, can represent more serious conditions — Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and even cancer...consult nearest gastroenterologist they will do the needful.
Dr. Iranna Hittalamani
General Physician 4 yrs exp Gokak
Consult a gastroentrologist soon. They will help you better. Bloody mucus stool is not a good sign.