Mouth ulcer

Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from mouth ulcer for the past 1 week . Due to that he had fever .. Now fever is gone .. But mouth ulcer is still there, he is unable to swallow any solid .. He has ulcer all over his mouth. His lower lip is swollen and pus as formed on it .. Its very painful. The general physician doctor has suggested these tables. Augmentin 650 , Dalacin 300mg, solo 650, and a gargle .. Wokadine. They also took a blood test. I have attached the report . he is having a lot of pain .. Please help doctor.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mouth ulcer

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Investigations seems to be alright and looks like your husband is recovering from acute viral infection. In many patients it's common to see mouth ulcers (chelitis, angular stomatitis, etc) during recovery period of viral infections. Usually they resolve spontaneously. Symptomatic treatment in the form of pain killers and local anesthetic gels are sufficient. If symptoms persist or worsen by five days consult nearby ENT specialist or Dermatologist