Mouth opening

I was having a bad tooth ache few days back, and all of a sudden I am unable to open my mouth. I can hardly place single finger in my mouth. I have been to a dentist he said I would need to go through a minor surgery to extract the last tooth, I believe the wisdom tooth. But the surgeon couldn't, coz the mouth opening was not upto the mark. I'm having a hard time eating anything due to this and the pain gets worse daily and the mouth opening is still the same. He has given few medications but still nothing happened. It's almost 3 days now. Any suggestions, of what this is and how to fix this.
views-icons 43 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (6) on Mouth opening

With the medicine you can try hot water gargling and hot water holding technique, in this method u need to hold hot water in your mouth as much you can bear. Try this 2-3 times a day and continue the medicine too.
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, we need to know what medications you have been prescribed. you can take muscle relaxants and do mouth opening exercises which will help you to open your mouth without pain. after this you can go for a minor surgical procedure of extraction.
Visit your dentist, he will prescribe some muscle relaxants, take for 2to 3 days, if mouth opening not improved, go for forceful mouth opening & removal of your wisdom tooth
warm salt water gargles will add some benifit,
do mouth opening exercise also
Hi Unfortunately the only option is forced mouth opening . It is a painful process. But once the mouth is opened forcefully , you will have a great relief. Further you can go ahead with extraction. Regards
Your difficulty in mouth opening is propably due to the wisdom teeth from the history you have given. The solution for this is taking muscle relaxant and forceful opening of your mouth by a dentist. After that you got to take muscle relaxants for few more days and also do some mouth opening exercise suggested by your dentist. And also you have to get your wisdom teeth removed for this problem not to recurr
Visit a dentist and get your mouth opened followed by extraction of wisdom teeth
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern.
It woukd have been really helpful if you had attached a copy of your prescription along with this question.
Anyways, i dont know if the wisdom tooth is impacted or there is any infection, take a tab. Zerodol-sp twice a day after food and do salt water mouth wash and consult a dentist in person to get the tooth extracted.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.