Mouth odour after braces
Hi, My age 25y, 6months back I put braces that time onwords I am facing mouth odour problem. I will brush 2 times also using mouth wash but still facing same problem. Kindly suggest how get rid from odour

Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Good oral hygiene with mouth wash and brushing will be a must.  You can start using Tab.  bifilac lozenges  once a day. .should be dissolved in mouth and then swallow. .to be continued for a month.  This alters the mouth bacterial environment ( oral microflora) and keeps it healthy.  See to it that you do not do mouth breathing at night.  Even that leads to bad breath.  Take a side turn and sleep to prevent mouth opening.  These days removable devices are there to prevent mouth breathing ( snoring). Hope this helps.  Kindly follow
Dr. Saifuddin Dhoondia
Periodontist 9 yrs exp Aurangabad

Use waterpik(oral irrigator)
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, It is true that the accumulation of food is more as you are wearing braces resulting in bad breath sometimes.You can rinse your mouth with lukewarm water and a pinch of salt 3-4 times daily,use a good mouthwash like Freshclor,clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner and brush your teeth with a bood ortho brush.Regards,Dr Suman Makam,Dental Arts,Bangalore,Jayanagar
Dr. Raghavendra
Dental Surgeon 8 yrs exp Bangalore

It is usually due to the good accumulation in braces area.. use orthodontic tooth brushes for brushing. Brush 2times a day and use mouth wash regularly. Rinse mouth after every meal drink plenty of water and check for gastric problems.. certain medical problems also give bad odout
Dr. Rahul Prakash
Dentist 12 yrs exp Ranchi
It is a common complaint after braces 1) Get scaling done 2) Use mouth wash regularly