Mood swings

Hi doctor,i am always very depressed,feeling guilty of everything.and sometimes i get easily angry for very small things (just sometimes).I have been like this for the past 5 to 6 years.There always would be something that would go in my mind.Because of this i am not able to focus on work,not able to speak with people.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mood swings

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
The symptoms of depressed mood, ideas of guilt irritability are all pointers towards a depressive episode or dysthymia (,chronic low lying depression). Your inability to concentrate at work and withdrawn behavior seem to be linked to the same. You would require comprehensive evaluation by a psychiatrist for confirmed diagnosis, and to assess psychological and medical factors related to your symptoms. Your condition can be helped by medication and counseling, depending on assessment by attending psychiatrist. Be assured that with assessment and treatment your condition is likely to get better, and you hopefully will find early relief. Hope this helps you, and wishing you best of health..