Missed vaccination

My son is 20months old nw.we have missed his 18 months vaccination which is Hept-A 2.so my question is can we give him dis vaccination now.l l it b effective. Another question is what is the right age to start brushing ones teeth.and which toothpaste n toothbrush to b used for a 20months baby. Thanks in advance.

Dr. P. Saxena
Pediatrician 12 yrs exp Ghaziabad

2nd dose of HepA can be given with in 6 to 12 months of first dose(If inactivated vaccine).No need to give 2nd dose if first dose was live vaccine.Ask your paediatrician

Hello.... There are two kinds of vaccines ,live attenuated vaccine and killed vaccine, usually killed vaccine is used in schedule, its given in two doses. Don't worry it can be given at anytime for children above 1 year. But hep a vaccine don't give life long immunity. Consult pediatrician in nearest hospital. ......
Dr. Trupti Shetty
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp Pune
Even if u are late it won't make much of a difference in case of second vaccine. It's ok to be late rather than completely missing the dose in my opinion. You have to start brushing with a soft kiddie brush once your child erupts teeth. You can use any toothpaste meant for kids or the ones your dentist suggests. Be sure to use only a pea sized amount